Don’t believe for a second I wasn’t writing in my head though. I have a method when I’m not at my computer.
1. Play music (without words) that both excite and weave stories.
2. Talk to my characters. (In my head of course.)
3. Think about what mischief they might get into while I’m away.
4. Jot down important moments in a notepad I carry while I grab a bowl of soup & an ice tea.
5. Plan out other scenes in other projects I have on the back burner.
When I got home I’ll admit I took a nap. Sinus, remember? So to give myself a pass on not working I listened to a Jeff Groins webinar on creating a supportive tribe. This keeps me working while recovering. I never have down time from my imaginary friends. Keep writing folks! I’m on it today!