Oh, for the love of Pinterest. It is my feel-good place where I go to create worlds, decorate my house without a budget in mind, plant spectacular gardens, travel the world and collect yummy desserts. (Okay, I don’t actually make them, just drool over the prospect of making them.) Would you believe I even do this while watching NCIS? (Sacrilege! Don’t tell Gibbs.) But not to worry. I really do use this for my writing life.
All my boards are themed; Favorite Movies, Heroes, Africa, Beautiful Structures, 4th of July, Star Wars Party, and this may surprise you but I think I have over 30 boards. Before you start thinking “she needs to get a life” let me explain. It is no easy feat these days to promote yourself so you use what you can. I love this part of marketing for myself. It’s almost therapeutic. Here is a list of the ways you can use Pinterest in your marketing.
- Research & collection of data
- Inspiration & ideas
- Visualization of difficult places & people
- Your book & it’s characters – (I put movie stars to hint at their appearance or who inspired me.)
- Write Stuff for Writers https://www.pinterest.com/ptierneyjames/the-write-stuff-with-tierney-james/ Leave some goodies for your followers if they stop by.
- Make it part of your branding and platform.
- Favorites – readers want to know more about you.
- Secret boards – I use these to create my newest book. No one can see my research, pictures and ideas until I’m finished and ready to publish. That way they see what I might have been doing all that time to create the next best seller.
- Traffic – Good way to get people curious about you and your work so they will return.
- Feature other authors you enjoy or friends that are authors. Everyone wins. They will most likely return the favor. Group boards are fun too, especially if they are authors. Everyone has a tip or link to something fabulous you can use. Join the fun.
You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking on the link https://www.pinterest.com/ptierneyjames/
Since I’m wrapping up this series soon I wanted to let you know I have more ideas in my marketing workshop. There is still time to join the fun on June 10th at the Springfield Library on South Campbell in Springfield, Missouri. Contact Sharon for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org She is my go to person for publishing needs. Remember let’s help each other, remain awesome and Every Day is a New Page.