If you are like me, after Christmas my wallet is pretty empty and all those sales just keep calling me. I figured you were the same way. Most of my money went for gifts for my family and treats for the big day. Each year I like to reward myself with a little something for all my hard work, creativity and determination to spin magical memories for everyone. Then boom it’s over and I’m exhausted. This year I was so tired I didn’t even want to go to the after Christmas sales–not even Hobby Lobby! Go ahead and gasp. It’s okay.
This year I’m giving away a special “thank you” gift to one lucky winner. That means you. I have a $25 Amazon Gift Card burning a hole in my imagination. Honestly, I don’t need anymore Christmas decor. My new house is too small for one more tree or Santa. My closet needs a good old fashion purge so until that happens I’m not buying anymore clothes.
What I do need is for you to follow me on BookBub.com. On January 1, 2019 I will be drawing a name to receive that $25 Amazon Gift Card. It goes to someone who has signed up since November 1. You’ll get updates ahead of time about special deals for a lot of free books and they will even notify you when I have a new book coming out. I hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity.
Authors, especially indie authors, really need your encouragement and support. Here are some of the ways you can show your appreciation.
- Write a review about their book on Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub, Instagram or whatever social media outlet you use. Amazon takes note when you do that and tries to encourage others to read the book.
- Sign up for an author’s newsletter or on BookBub. (Remember: Follow me.)
- Follow the author on Amazon.
- Join a street team of an author.
- Get the word out if you like a particular book.
- Send the author a note of appreciation.
- Invite an author to speak at a community group, school or library.
- Follow them on social media.
- Take a picture of yourself with the book and post it.
- Ask for a particular book at a bookstore or retail store.
Now that isn’t so hard. Well except for the part about me getting off the couch and trying to fit that Christmas tree back in the box. Does that thing grow over the holidays? Remember to sign up for BookBub and follow me! You have to show up on my list to enter. I’d love to have you on-board.